[ apperception ]
Hey, welcome to yet another reformation of my blog. This time around, it's called apperception. Go, go, go. Dictionary search for the word. =]I've been trying to figure out a way to behave, live and all that whatnot. I try to block out what's been happening in the world. War and politics comes to mind. Those things sadden me and are irrelevant to what I'm trying to accomplish.
What am I saying? I'm examining how I think. It's really interesting. Without going into psychology and pretending I'm some sort of boring academic, I've been exposed to something called "Colorism" (icky, it has an American regional spelling). It's not racism, but discrimination according to your shade of skin. It happens between what I will stereotype as "black people". The lighter colour your skin is, the more acceptable you are in society. It's weird, but the documentary we were exposed to (incidently in Management Concepts) presented an interesting view.
Essentially it showed how there is discrimination according to the colour of your skin. Whiter skinned persons have close connotations with attributes such as being rich, or more classy. I'll take the example from the documentary. Take music videos. Often will you find that whiter skinned "black people" will be in positions of 'Can't-touch-me', while those with a darker complexion... Well, I prefer not to talk about it, though music videos I refer to are often... -thinks-. Well I don't have a word for it. Just give it thought.
Wah; that's too much thought for me. Goodnight.
~Matty.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home