[ Regression ]

Regression, n. Reversion to an earlier or less mature pattern of feeling or behavior.
&&&&&&17
Regression
Greed, power, jealousy, envy, violence, killing, and adultery.
When the world seems like it's gone off its track,
I think of all the qualities I seem to lack.
What did I wrong to become like them,
Why does being older seem like a sin,
I have no more childhood left.
I want to laugh at something, and not be afraid to grin.
I want to play in the field and smell the flowers.
I want to play with the bugs, and feel the worms.
I want to have dirt in my nails and eat butter unchurned.
I want to cover my eyes and be unseen.
I want to do a trick, and think myself learned.
I want to be awed when I see places I have never been.
It's like as if I've lost the quality, the touch, the right,
To be a child.
So I regress every day into my own mental room.
I think all toys are great, and the novelty never fades
I think of all the things a child would do.
To poke my tongue out;
To blow raspberries into grownups’ shoulder blades
To laugh, to giggle, to sing along with you.
I miss my childhood; I don't want to grow up like you.
While you grunt and to me you shun,
Just remember, that I’m still having fun.
-Mrah'Sponagi



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home