[ Tranquility ]

...
-------
She stood there, staring at me. Her blue eyes reflected the moon illuminated the dark garden. I reached out to her, but my hand passed through her. She kept staring though, not speaking and unmoving. Her white dress was bloodstained; the accumulation of the sins I had committed, broken promises, the lies, the greed and all else. Evergreens surrounded us, and the grass was soft and gleamed with dew. There were no sounds; no night birds, no crickets, not even the wind. I tried to speak out, but no words formed. I closed my eyes and opened them again. I saw a movement, and my eyes shot to her eyes. Did she blink? I broke the silence. "I'm sorry." She said nothing. Did she even hear me? I tried to reach out to her again, and my hand touched her shoulder. It was not stained, but it was bleeding. I took back my hand and stared at my palm. Dark red liquid ran through the creases of my skin and dripped to the soil. Then she moved. She blinked and then looked into my eyes. Those blue eyes were deeper than any ocean, and something else. She stepped close to me and I could feel the warmth of her breath. She raised her arms and embraced me. Over her shoulder, I looked at my palm. There was no longer blood. I stared down at the back of her dress, the blood had gone. The dress was white and pure again. She pulled away from me, her long hair seemed to become longer. How much time had passed? I saw her lips move. "It's time to go." I tried to reply, but she faded away. A wind passed through the garden, the evergreens brushed against each other. Crickets started to chirp and a bat flapped overhead. I sighed, turned around and looked to the moon. Clouds cascaded down around it like a white waterfall before a flame. I closed my eyes and laid back on the soft grass. The sounds of the garden became muted and distant.
I opened my eyes and heard rattling. An orange glow broke the darkness. I instinctively reached out to touch it, my thumb danced over a silver keypad. I looked at the words on screen. I forgive u. I reread it, smiled and then went back to sleep.
---
Okay, I'm not sure where that came from. Just an overextension of my sugar high. Never again.
-Matty



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home